Sunday, October 30

September Travels

Over Labor Day we took a whirlwind trip to Charlotte to see my dad, Burlington to see my mom and Charleston to visit our friends John and Sara. Nothing like spending a week seeing both family and best friends!

Three Musketeers - This picture puts a huge smile on my face because we met the Overmans while on a mission trip to Honduras before Kevin and I were married and now our children are able to have sweet memories together as well. I will never forget John telling me that when we got back from Honduras I "had" to meet Sara because we would have so much in common (Yankee/Italian combos) and sure enough, we met and the rest is history. Sara is one of my bestest, Godliest girlfriends who I look to more as a sister than just a friend. She has helped me and encouraged me so much as a mother, I am so very thankful to the Lord for her!

Mia, Sam and Anna Kate

Sweet Rays of Sunshine


Enjoying Charleston sunsets


We enjoyed a quick visit to my mom's as she was healing from hip replacement. The weather was really nice and we enjoyed visiting local parks and playing outside!

Parker LOVED the trampoline

Testing out the skateboard


Completely last minute visit with the Jordan High School gang! One of our dear friends Becky was getting married in Staunton, Virginia and since my family was already making three stops in this one week excursion, I opted out of Kev and I traveling an additional 4 hours to the wedding. Well the night of the rehearsal dinner our friend Court decided to post a super cute picture of the girls hanging out and I immediately became sad and wanted to go right then!! So my super sweet husband said he would watch the kiddos (at my mom's house) while met up with my college roommate and headed to the vineyards of Virginia! And since I didn't pack any wedding attire, I borrowed a dress, shoes, jewelry....EVERYTHING from my girls - I just love them! The wedding was super fun and I enjoyed catching up with my high school girlfriends and their hubbies!
All dolled up!


As usual, Anna Kate enjoyed being spoiled by her pop-pop! We are so grateful he is now only 4 hours away....a quick car ride!!! Plus, we lived in Charlotte before moving to Atlanta so we were able to visit with old friends also!

1 comment:

  1. *sniff* I love you, girl! I had to do a doubletake flipping through fb feed, b/c I saw that huge "Sam" smile BEFORE I recognized the children. I am so thankful God joined our hearts and families together. You and your's have been such blessings to all of us, amazing how our lives/hearts can be so knit together, interwoven as if cut from the same cloth. Truly what it means to be "famiglia di Cristo".
    <3 Sara

    ReplyDelete